You can easily embed video, audio, sounds, maps, webpages and more into an Atomic prototype, using a simple URL.
All of the most popular media providers let you generate these embed URLs, including YouTube, Vimeo, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Google Maps.
How to use the Embed tool
- From the toolbar on the left, select the ‘Embed’ tool, or use the keyboard shortcut ‘E’.
- Place and size the element on the canvas where you would like it to be displayed. Tip: you can even place it off-canvas, and using autoplay functionality have the media play automatically. This is useful for audio files, where you may not want to present the player to the user.
- Enter the embed URL into the properties panel on the right. Note: You’ll only need the embed URL, not the
<iframe>tags and other HTML often supplied as part of the embed code. Also, the regular share link URL of the media will generally not work as it points to a webpage, not the media itself.
Finding the embed URL
Use the following resources from some of the most popular media providers to find your embed URL:
- YouTube: embed a video & once you’ve mastered that, add some embed parameters
- Vimeo: embed a video
- Spotify: embed a track
- SoundCloud: embed a track
- Google Maps: embed a map
Remember: You’ll only need the embed URL, not the
<iframe> tags and other HTML often supplied as part of the embed code by the providers above.